Dry Eyes Diagnosis and Treatment from Our Lubbock Optometrists at Ginter EyeCare Center
When you visit our optometrists in Lubbock, we’ll provide you with a complete eye exam to pinpoint any type of vision or eye health concern. Many people suffer from dry eyes, a condition in which the eyes do not produce or maintain enough tears to keep the eyes moist and comfortable. A part of our goal at Ginter Eyecare Center is to properly diagnose and provide treatment for any type of eye condition you are facing, including dry eye symptoms.
What Are Dry Eyes?
Dry eyes is a type of condition in which tears, which work to lubricate the eyes, are not present. There are many reasons dry eyes occur. Most commonly, it is due to the production of too few or poor-quality tears. If you feel you have this condition, don’t ignore it. Talk to our team about your options including what your symptoms are and which treatments are best suited for you.
What Are the Symptoms of Dry Eyes?
Most people suffer from symptoms of dry eyes with this condition, though they can range from mild symptoms to quite advanced. They include:
- Stinging or burning sensations in the eyes
- Irritation and a scratchy feeling in the eyes
- Sensitivity to light
- Watery eyes
- Blurred vision or a feeling of tired eyes
- Mucus in or around the eyes
- Trouble wearing contact lenses
If you have these symptoms, we recommend seeking out the care of our eye doctors. Keep in mind that dry eyes can impact your vision quality especially if left untreated over time.
What Treatment Options can Our Eye Doctors Offer for Dry Eyes in the Surrounding Areas of Lubbock, Wolfforth, and Woodrow, TX?
Our team will consider your dry eyes symptoms, complete a comprehensive eye exam, and then determine the best treatment for you. Before we can diagnose your condition, we may need to conduct a series of screenings. This will allow us to diagnose the underlying problem with your tear production. The diagnosis will often come after:
- A comprehensive eye exam
- A test to measure the volume of tears produced
- A test to determine the quality of your tears
Then, our optometrists can offer treatment options that fit the underlying cause. Those may include options such as:
- Medications that work to reduce inflammation of the eyelid and eye drops to control cornea inflammation, both of which contribute to dry eyes
- Eye inserts, such as hydroxypropyl cellulose or Lacrisert inserts. These dissolve slowly and release a fluid that acts like eye drops
- Procedures to close the tear ducts to reduce the amount of tears lost
- Specialized contact lenses that work well to reduce dry eyes and treat symptoms
- Unblocking of oil glands through minor procedures to treat the underlying cause
Contact Ginter Eye Center in Lubbock to Get the Optometry Treatment You Need
When you visit our Lubbock optometry offices, you’ll get the help you need for dry eyes. Our treatment options are some of the most advanced available. Call Ginter Eyecare Center today for an appointment to discuss your needs. We serve the areas of Lubbock, Wolfforth, Woodrow, and the surrounding areas. Schedule online or call 806-798-8820.